Saturday, July 7, 2012

Portomarin to Castromaior




Well today was all up hill! and I think I say this with very little exaggeration. I began to think that maybe I should be using the hiking poles that I lent to Patricia as she zoomed up that last hill. We were all glad she had an easier time than yesterday.


The first seven kilometers to Gonzar not only were up hill, but it was often pouring. Where was a cafe when you want one? We were thrilled when we finally got to stop,have a cafe leche, and dry out a bit. My hat was soaking wet as was my hair that I had washed this morning.





Only about 5 km to our rendezvous for our pick up. We left and actually got a bit of sun and relatively flat ground but then we had a very long trudge up the side of a highway and more rain.


But the end was in sight soon enough.




And at 12:30, about four hours after we began we had reached the welcoming cafe and church where we were to be picked up at 1:00.





There we all enjoyed some delicious kale soup, a local delicacy.


Our drive back took 12 minutes and really was all down hill!


This picture is the vegetable garden that probably produced the ingredients in the soup. Today's scenery wasn't as picturesque and there were some rather large farms.

We are back in our hotel and it is pouring again outside. our friends who didn't opt for the Princess tour are on their way in from Sarria today with their heavier packs on their backs and I think they will be rather wet when they arrive!

Tomorrow we will be picked up here and continue where we left off today! Stay tuned!



Location:Portomarin, Saturday,July 7

No comments:

Post a Comment