Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dublin to Bushmills




Tragedy hit today as I was trying to download my Dublin pictures. I was getting nasty messages that I couldn't download my pictures as I had too many and I tried to delete old pictures on my camera and managed to delete all my pictures including the ones I hadn't yet posted. I usually just add and delete pictures but still not trusting the iPad or iCloud I hadn't, and as a result somehow old ones kept being reloaded. Anyway that is the story of how I lost all my Dublin pictures but I am borrowing a few here from other sources.



Our hotel, Buswells, was in just a perfect location,close to everything. The staff was very helpful and I finally had wifi again. Breakfast was great as well. The rooms are not large but we were busy so it didn't really matter.

Our first night out and it was Saturday night, we went to a local pub nearby where there was live music, and we just enjoyed the lively street scene with buskers everywhere. I have to admit it was also joyful being able to understand everything and not relying on our fractured Spanish.

Sunday we basically spent exploring the city. Dublin is just a great place to wander. The architecture is gorgeous and it has definitely become a city of restaurants. Sue and I had coffee and scones in a very cute tearoom. We also went to Trinity College and thought we would take a look at the Book of Kells but they now charge 9 euros and since we both had seen it previously so that we passed on that.

I wished I had more time to explore the many museums, the Writers' Museum sounds very interesting, but it was fun to just wander. Dublin is famous for its gorgeous, colorful doors.



Later we all met for the 5:30 show of River Dance. I think I was the only one who hadn't seen the show and how perfect to see it for the first time in Dublin! We all loved it!


We ended up having dinner again at Foleys but Irene and Patricia headed home and Sue and I stayed a bit longer and caught some really traditional pick up music at O'Brians.



We thoroughly enjoyed our short time in Dublin! Monday in the rained we headed north. Stay tuned!

Location:Eagry Gardens,Bushmills,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment