Saturday, July 21, 2012

Last day in San Sebastian and hanging out in the airport at Bibao




Yesterday was our last day in San Sebastian and it was quite relaxed. I got to do my usual Internet accessing in the parking garage. I should have taken a picture. I tried to get wifi in a cafe that advertised it to no avail so it was back in the garage and then hanging out in our favorite nearby bakery for cafe leche.
Later Patricia and I went into the Central Section and discovered a beautiful park.











We then wandered into the Old Town, met Sue, and had lunch at one of our best restaurant finds. The Roquefort cheese here is fantastic! Sue walked back along the beach to catch the beginnings of the jazz festival.

I was on a mission to finally get into an intriguing looking store that always seemed to be closed for siesta time. Patricia and I posted ourselves at a nearby cafe and it did open at 4:30.



Great stuff but I limited myself to a very nice foldable rain poncho. Unfortunately it is now packed in my suitcase or I would post a picture. here are a few last glimpses of Old Town.





Walking home Patricia spotted a jazz musician entering the Maria Cristina Hotel. I was too busy checking out nearby cafes.



Later that evening Irene, Sue, and I walked down to the jazz festival on the beach.


Irene finally dipped her feet in the Bay of Biscay (the advantages of Tevas).





We had never heard of the main stage attraction and she didn't make us instant fans, but the setting was spectacular.





As we went home we thought of all the things we would miss when we left Spain-cafe leche, inexpensive wine, fresh delicious bread and croissants, the taste of cervaza after those long hikes. Irene will miss shoe shopping. We will miss the evenings when people were always strolling and enjoying being with friends and family, the vast array of eateries and different tapas to choose from. We loved the beauty of Northern Spain-mountains, hills, greenery, ocean, and the lovely flowers and well kept homes. In San Sebastian we loved the beautiful buildings and elegant streets.

I am ending this section at the airport (once again with no Wifi access). Patricia had an earlier flight than we did so we are just hanging out until boarding time. Next stop Dublin! Actually we are here and love it but you will have to wait until tomorrow for details!



Location:Bilbao Airport

No comments:

Post a Comment