Sunday, July 8, 2012

From Traversia de Naron to Palas de Rei




Yesterday after exploring Portomarin we had dinner with our friends,Liz, Chris, and Margaret Anne. They were staying at the same hotel as us. They started earlier on "The Way" and are doing longer days without transfers,carrying their packs. It was great catching up. They leave early each morning so that they were probably gone before I woke up at 7:15 (my alarm didn't go off)!


After a hearty breakfast we were picked up and taken to where we stopped yesterday. It seemed a bit chilly starting out so that I actually had my gloves on but it quickly warmed. Today was our most pleasant walk yet.



We saw lots of animals.


Beautiful scenery...



Flowers of course...





And always the interesting stone work.



The pathways through the small hamlets we passed through were full of delight.











But of course this is the way of the pilgrims and you see evidence along the way.


I read that in Spain evidence of completing the Camino is even used in job references!


The picture above is one of my favorites as you get a glimpse of the cattle surrounded by flowers!



And we had to wait for cows to pass at one point!



One of our delightful paths...



Eucalyptus...



Interesting ant statutes in a cafe that wasn't open...




A crypt with the church in the background...



Another gorgeous roadway...




And here is our home for the night. We did wander down into the town but you see those pictures in the next blog. It's lovely here but flies are bothering me as I write this. And I know you won't believe me but it is bright and sunny!

Location:Palas de Rei

No comments:

Post a Comment