Monday, August 12, 2013

San Francisco Day One






This year I did go on trips to Arizona, San Antonio, and to Quebec but I didn't write as I went. I think that is a mistake so in this trip I am going to write as I go! Sunday we drove down to Bellingham from Vancouver or Port Moody to be exact! Our flight was 8 o'clock so that would have been too early a goal! We stayed near the airport at the Best Western and were out after breakfast at 6:15 to get to the nearby airport.




I love small airports. Going though security took no time at all! I also enjoyed our two hour flight to Oakland-no movies to choose from, no music choices, no free drinks to decide. Life was simple! I just read my book and drank my water. It was only two hours!




We landed and soon we were on the Air Bart bus and then transferred at the Coliseum to the Bart and I couldn't help but think of Vancouver's Canada Line.




Soon we were at the Powell Street station and walking by Union Square on our way to the Prescott Hotel. The Prescott is lovely, part of the Kimpton chain-a company that often seems to renovate older buildings into interesting hotels.




Our room wasn't ready quite yet so we went back to Union Square to have lunch!




We wandered over to Maiden Lane, once the Red Light district but now an area of rather expensive looking stores.




















Eventually we were back checking into our hotel. After planning future adventures, it was time for Happy Hour in our hotel complete with complimentary wine and appetizers




Next we went over to Mission Street and dined at The Grove, recommended to us. We loved the Motown soundtrack and atmosphere and delicious food.




We walked back to our hotel past Union Square noticing the fog.




It was a great day and fun to rediscover San Francisco! Stay tuned! - I am having a bit of trouble it seems with consistent picture size! Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:San Francisco Day One really

No comments:

Post a Comment