Monday, August 19, 2013

Santa Barbara shopping and Botanical Gardens






The day began as usual with Sue power walking (to the beach today) and me blogging in my bed! Then after a healthy breakfast we were off to a couple of malls. Here is a very artistic latte from Renaud's! Our favourite so far! the pain au chocolat was tasty as well.




Even the malls are aesthetic in Santa Barbara.




Our next stop was up the hill to the Botanical Gardens.




We had to wait a bit for our tour and we only had a power bar to snack on but I managed to do a bit more shopping.




We learned a bit about future plans.








What a beautiful setting! And you can see the ocean from some points.




I think I will just share favourite images because I honestly can't remember all the plant species.




Basically all the plants are native to California.








And of course we were here at the end of summer and in a bit of drought.




We learned how trees in this environment have smaller leaves so lack of rain isn't as serious.












Below you can see a really neat sun dial!








A redwood forest...








Some big rocks...
























Stay tuned for the rest of the day!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Santa Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment