Monday, August 26, 2013

17 mile drive, Carmel, Part One-Saturday August 24

After a good breakfast at our hotel it was time to do the famous seventeen mile drive.
















Some of the rocks below turned out to be sea lions, quiet for once.




Before you actually get onto the drive, we went through the pretty community of Pacific Grove, and above is some of the scenery you see.








I don't think you can tell still they were sea lions,




That's a vacation home for rent...








Nice sand...
















And the sun began to come out!




Below is the cypress on the rock that is the symbol of this drive. cost to drive through is 9.50 and your pass is good all day and you can stop many places along the way.




















just so many amazing views! Mind you I notice I don't seem to have any pictures of the famous Pebble Beach Golf Club!




Soon we were in the very ritzy, very cute town of Carmel




We enjoyed very good lattes and muffins above.




Something for everyone!




There are gorgeous galleries. Below are a few pictures from my favourite.












Then I saw a favourite image of my friend, Ellen's, Blue Dog.




Artist,George Rodrique has a studio here in Carmel.












A few more of my favourite steps








Wine, art, and olive oil-great combination...




Ansel Adams...




















Carmel is quite a little town. And can you believe we didn't buy anything?




There was even a Jane Austen shop! It is a neat place to,visit but I don't think I could afford to live there, and would you want Clint Eastwood for a neighbour?
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Monterey

1 comment:

  1. The blue and yellow outdoor table looked like you. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete