Friday, September 13, 2013

West Vancouver,Wednesday, September 11,2013




I had to go to my optometrist on Wednesday morning and since his office is in North Vancouver, I decided to go early and have a walk and coffee in Ambleside in West Vancouver. Again I was reminded of my first September here 33 years ago when I often went to West Vancouver when I lived in the West End as you just had to cross the Lions Gate Bridge. now traffic is much heavier and I have to through downtown to get there so I don't go very often anymore.
I googled where to get the best coffee and came up with Cafe Crema at 15th Avenue and Bellevue. It was a very popular spot. My latte was good but at four dollars, kind of expensive.
I settled down on a bench at the beach to read the paper. You can see the view of the Lions Gate Bridge above. I remembered the first time I crossed that bridge when I was 19 and in a bus and just couldn't believe that other passengers seemed oblivious to the amazing beauty.


Today I thought it was interesting that I had been the other side of English Bay just the night before.
It was time for a bit of a walk before my appointment.


This is a pretty community garden.











I wasn't the only one contemplating nature.






It is probably not surprising there was a meeting of artists in progress as I walked by the Ferry Building. Every summer I enjoy attending the Harmony Arts Festival here.


33 years ago I came over here to take quilting lessons I thought how nice it would be to live here but it wasn't affordable or particularly practical at that time. Although things have changed a bit,it really isn't as diverse a community as I really like to live in, but it is always fun to visit. But it was time to leave today as I had a drive east into North Vancouver to go to my optometrist (an old friend's brother).


His office on Harbourside again has rather amazing views of the working port and downtown.


With dilated pupils after a quick trip to Park Royal Mall, I headed back into the city, driving through beautiful Stanley Park.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Vancouver, BC

No comments:

Post a Comment