Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Granville Island Friday,September 6,2013

One of my very favourite places to go is Granville Island.


I needed some groceries for the party I was hosting later in the day and I was meeting a friend for coffee so I decided to take a short walk first.


I didn't have time for a ferry ride but one day...


Granville Island is in the midst of bridges and right under the Granville Street Bridge!





Normally I am running into the market but today I went by some of the other shops.


The Cloth Shop moved here from West 10th where I once took quilting lessons.


The silk weaving is a place I always liked taking my students as they even have a couple of silk worms at work!



I learned a bit of history about this particular park of the island.











You can even watch carvers at work here. Not sure about this rocking horse!





There is a cement plant here!


I love how they are decorating their trucks.


Here you can buy neat brooms!


Now if you are artistic Emily Carr may be the university for you!


One of my favourite stores if Opus where you can get fancy pens and all sorts of art supplies.


You have to love the views here!






and if you really like it here you can live on a houseboat!








There is every form of water transportation.


Lots of interesting walkways here!


You can have a boat built!


The cement company has some creativity! Note the fence!


It is time to go shopping but first I have to stop and admire the flowers!


Until next time...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Vancouver

No comments:

Post a Comment