Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dunbar to the West End to Jericho Beach Tuesday, September 10, 2013




Well I had library books to return so finally "found" a bakery I have meaning to try for awhile, Butter. I never made it to its old location on Dunbar where they now have a tearoom. It's new location is on MacKenzie between 33rd and 34th Avenues. I have to say it was quite delightful! the owner is a designer and its evident in the lovely decor.


Later in the day I was off to the West End to visit a friend recuperating from hip surgery.


The last time I was free in September, 33 years ago, I had just moved to Vancouver from Montreal, and actually lived in the West End.



We were basically house sitting an amazing flat at Nicola and Beach and I loved watching the ocean from the kitchen.


Today I was in the quieter end of the West End between Denman, the shopping street, and Stanley Park.


It's a quiet oasis in the city.


In the midst of newer high rises you still have older buildings.


I love the beautiful plantings.





There are quiet biking and walking paths.








and soon you are in Stanley Park...








But now it was time for my visit to the 14th floor


And if you want views, my friend, Hilary, has them!


The ocean...


Lost Lagoon


But just for a moment I am going to take you into a room in the dollhouse that came from England with her mother's family first to Halifax



Next after battling traffic I picked up another friend to celebrate our birthdays by going to the Jericho Sailing Club where there is a modest cafe with an amazing view back on the west side of English Bay



Above and below were our views.


I love to come here but they seem to be raising the prices and not the quality but probably the view will continue to lure me in on a beautiful evening...


There seemed to be quite a few abandoned bunnies now living in the wild.


It was a simply beautiful evening for a walk

















Yes, I am missing starting a new school year with a new class but the opportunity to enjoy Vancouver is such a bonus! Normally I have been so busy hard to find time to breathe!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Vancouver

No comments:

Post a Comment