Sunday, August 17, 2014

Montreal in the rain











It was hard to leave Blue Mountain but we had a long drive and rain was forecast.








and here he was for the third time this trip in Toronto but fortunately traffic went well and the rain still hadn't begun.








But later we did get about an hour and half of heavy rain.








and once we got to the island of Montreal things slowed down- first construction and then an accident.








That evening the rain began in earnest and it poured. I swear for the next 24 hours.

















Thursday morning it stopped at least temporarily








It even looked clearer out the window








I decided to go for a walk








You can see this flower was still wet








Here you can see a typical strip mall and a road under construction, rather common in Vancouver.








But it is always nice to see lovely flower displays.



































Below is my friend, Linda's duplex, very common in. Montreal. She lives upstairs and her sister, Carol, down.








I like how the umbrella matches their planters.








Later in the afternoon Linda and I went for a walk








In one of my favourite neighbours just off Rosemount Avenue. It is a neighbourhood not known by my friends who live in the West Island or even west side of Montreal







But I just love it!









One day I am just going to spend a few days in Montreal rediscovering favourite neighbourhoods they way I have in Vancouver








and Montreal has some wonderful neighbourhoods.
















I love this roof









I just loved this chair below!






a rather nice backyard and there is a little park nearby as well








In feel as if I am in Switzerland here

















My favourite colour combination below














The rain held off until we were on our way back to Linda's.

Friday was my final day in Montreal and I went out to the West Island to Pointe Claire and Beaconsfield. I used to live and teach in Lachine which is the first West Island suburb, next is Dorval where the airport is and then Pointe Claire and Beaconsfield etc.







This is where It had lunch in Pointe Claire Village. It is very pretty along the Lakeshore, the widening of the St. Lawrence but I was visiting with friends, and seemed to have given out on photography.








Lady and her mistress kindly chauffeured me around and to the airport.








as you can see it was a rather cool overcast day, always sad to leave a city close to my heart, and wonderful friends (some of whom I didn't manage to see this trip)








But always fun to see the mountains and the Fraser River and Pacific Ocean







And then home...

It hope you enjoyed travelling with me, even with my slightly broken wrist. And a couple of days later, I am now out of the splint! Many thanks to all who made my trip so lovely!



No comments:

Post a Comment