Saturday, August 2, 2014

From Toronto to Niagara Peninsula









Blog entries work best when you actually do them when you are travelling but that is not always possible but I am going to make a few attempts this trip! July 28th I set off for Toronto but there was one slight problem!







I had managed to have a slight wrist fracture just before I left. I will spare you the whole sorry saga but this was me two days before leaving.







I briefly considered cancelling but I could drive and use all my fingers so I tried to pack lightly and I could wheel my light carry on and shoulder bag. I even got to preboard the airplane though it did strike me that air travel and waiting in hospital emergency rooms have a lot in common! Oh and I forgot to mention that I was called just as I was leaving to tell me that there was a computer glitch and I didn't have a rental car in Toronto. I informed them that they had better find me one so a little later I was told I did have one with another agency-hmmm...







The Alt Hotel at the airport was fabulous-easy to get to by the airport train at 10 o'clock at night.







And really well planned and reasonably priced.







The next day I was picked up and got a car. The mall near the airport was interesting as it was a bit like being in India!



Soon I was out of town and heading for the Niagara Peninsula and a visit with my cousin Janice and her husband, Gord, but I made a stop in Jordan for lunch







































and a bit of wine tasting and shopping! It is such a pretty spot! And I recommend Cave Creek's Sauvignon Blanc and the fudge in another shop.









I loved this literary masterpiece!







On the way back to the highway I stopped at Upper Canada Cheese and enjoyed tasting and bought some delicious cheese!







I got off the Queen Elizabeth Highway at Niagara Falls as I wanted to catch a glimpse of this amazing natural wonder again.







Growing up in Quebec we would make semi-annual trips to the Niagara Peninsula visiting various relatives on both sides of the border but the falls never cease to amaze me.









I love the drive along the Niagara Parkway to Fort Erie















soon after turning up Dominion to Ridgeway I reached my cousin's house and met her adorable cat, Bailey!









No comments:

Post a Comment