Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Torremolinos, Monday, March 21,2016


We were able to sleep in a bit (something I don't do well)

but we were not in a rush so had a leisurely breakfast

with no regrets that we had decided against the optional tour to Malaga.


I have to say it was very nice getting to see the sun rise over the ocean from our balcony




The real town of Torremolinos is actually up above the beach so we walked up winding streets full of shops and places to eat.  I had read about Torremolinos long ago in James Michener's novel, The Drifters, but it has been through a few changes since then.  



To get the central part of the town.  As you can see it was raining!



Once again I was able to find beautiful streets with mosaics




I really liked the statues that line the main street.  The work is by Elena Laveron.











I also liked this carousel












a lovely bench




This is a map of the statues


It was nice to see lots of spring flowers







Look a bear!



Musicians...


Lavender, my favourite...



As you can see I really liked these statues!



More flowers...






A bit more information...



I really like how Torremolinos is trying to be more than just a beach resort


a nice fountain...




All this walking and art spotting and of course shopping meant it was time for cafe con leche, and it had stopped raining!





Not only did we get cafe con leche but more liquers and snacks.





Hmmm… nice view...


Interesting sign outside the washroom...





nice buildings



















Time to walk back down the hill...








and notice the sky is getting blue








A neat shop window






Wow looking down...












my favourite kind of stairs




and tile work





We decided to check out a grocery store...

A nice bottle of wine for three and a half Euros...


nicely decorated Sangria bottles...



back to the restaurant where we had dinner for lunch!  And would you believe we were given yet another liqueur?  No one else seemed to get these perks so not sure what Sue and I did right.  I never have liqueurs at home but in Torremolinos...


I liked these elaborate sand statues!



More tiled stairs...
The rest of our afternoon was quite relaxing.
Later the hotel had a little reception for us
and then there was dinner in the restaurant of the hotel which was not overly impressive.  I mean it was fine for breakfast but it was not very pleasant for dinner.  Too many people, too noisy, etc.  but you can't always have perfection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment