Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Mijas-the beautiful village!, March 22, 2016





I hadn't really done much in the way of research before this trip


so I had many delightful surprises and Mijas was definitely one of those.



We climbed into the mountains outside Torremolinas.




and reached this white village.








The donkeys were very sweet but we just walked













and admired the view












of course there was a church but in retrospect I wish I hadn't dawdled there at all.



as there were too many other places to explore!












There was a museum of Miniature Art founded by a wealthy man.  I love miniatures but resisted this museum.



And walked into the village itself.


And I found another museum, the Historical and Ethological Museum, that turned out to be very interesting.







and it had amazing miniature scenes of traditional Adalucian life.











There were interesting displays of traditional life, such as wine making!



There was a lovely courtyard.














Another miniature- a bull ring.




Many of the miniatures were created by a local artist.





























A display of crops grown.











Rocks, minerals




































Basketry












I like these shoes
















more miniatures-this one of harvesting grapes
















I enjoyed reading about the life then, not easy.

























A lovely painting of the village









and the village itself














It was really beautiful







And somehow and it seemed peaceful even though it is a popular spot for tourists.



























I admit was excited to find this shop-yes-that is a chunk of chocolate on top.

















And the chocolate was delicious as well.












I found another neat shop-I loved these little boxes or perhaps ashtrays!





I was having trouble deciding what to buy and my time was running out.





I think these were almonds for sale!





Soon we were on the road again and I wished we had had a bit more time here.





On the bus, Lola our tour director showed us our total route.  You can see we were covering lots of territory!









No comments:

Post a Comment