Monday, March 7, 2016

Spain and Portugal




In a few days I will be leaving for a trip to Spain with my friend, Sue.  Almost four years ago Sue and I with other friends spent two and a half weeks in Spain, initially walking the last 100 kilometres of the Camino in Galicia, then renting a car and driving to San Sebastian (the centre of the Basque region) and using that city as a base as we explored that area.   We flew via Dublin to Santiago and then flew out of Bilbao to Dublin where we spent a weekend and then a week in Northern Ireland.  To read about our adventures just click here.

This time we fly to Madrid via London and then will be on a Insight bus tour that you can check our route above on the map.

After an extra night in Barcelona we fly to Mallorca where we will be staying for a couple of days with old friends of Sue's then we fly back to Barcelona and via London home.

I will do my best to keep this blog updated each day.   It's exciting to return to Spain and to see more of this beautiful country as well as a bit of Portugal.  Last year I wondered a bit how I would make out 18 days on a cruise ship, and this time I wonder a bit how I will make out on a bus tour, but always time for new adventures.  I definitely worried  on my first trip to Spain how I would make out walking the Camino with no real time it seemed for training.  I survived of course, and honestly really enjoyed it.

It is always so exciting to see new places!  So I hope you will enjoy virtually travelling with me! Plus you won't have the long flight to endure!  See you here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment