Saturday, July 11, 2015

Going home from Christina Lake…July 6




All good things have to come to an end


and it was time for me to go home so I said good bye to the lake and set on my way






My first stop was Greenwood where now fortunately the Copper Eagle Bakery was open so although I had had a delicious breakfast I had to make a stop, getting a latte and a scone, and even a crustless quiche for when I got home for dinner






I wonder if they deliver to Vancouver?





I motored on and had considered detouring to 3A to check out Burrowing Owl winery but I kind of missed the turn in Osoyoos so kept on going




until I arrived at





Seven Stones Winery once again.






It is just so pretty and such a perfect place to stop




and I like their wine as well!






I did ask for suggestions of some other wineries in the Cawston and Keremeos in the Similkameen Valley I might visit and I did visit a few
















but I swear I only had small sips at Eau Vivre, Orofino, and Clos du Soleil.  Lunch was recommended at the Old Grist Mill but I thought I needed to put a few more miles on the road before that stop...





Terry and Elaine had recommended the Princeton  Golf Course so I stopped there and had a very nice lunch.





After the twisty turny road into Manning Park I stretched my legs and had an ice cream bar!





Just before Hope I could see it getting mistier...





The hot weather and lack of rain meant forest fires and I knew that Vancouver had been affected by them and gotten clouded in.





It was still a bit of a shock how cloudy it was as you can see by the picture I took at home at 6 o'clock.  The air quality was poor so we thought we had been transported to New Delhi or Beijing and it lasted to the end of the week!

I love Vancouver but it was a real adjustment after the crystal clear air in Christina Lake and the lake for me to hop in any time I wanted!  I hope you enjoyed your trip!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment