Saturday, July 4, 2015

Christina Lake July 3rd to 4th







Last night was beautiful here once again



I even kind of liked the effect of the screens taking a picture from the front post






and then there was a rather nice sunset





although we were hearing about more forest fires...




I decided to take an early morning walk




I saw a canoeist and waited







for the perfect shot





more evergreens here I think than on the coast




Thimbleberries below-ready to eat





an interesting pine cone





simple daisies growing wild





clover reminding me of long ago Quebec summers












It looks like Elaine and Terry's apricots are soon ready to eat





A neat geranium below back at the cottage



later Elaine took me on a couple of short hikes




one to admire Cascade Falls and the gorge.








Lovely hike and beautiful falls














Then we went to the Christina Lake Visitors' Centre for a smoothy and a little shopping and nice walk-here at the beginning of the lake.


and now I am back for my fun afternoon


just hanging out here at the lake-and I think it just may be time for another swim! British Columbia keeps beating heat records so I can't think of a better place to be!











No comments:

Post a Comment