Thursday, June 2, 2016

Whistler, May, 2016


A nice get away when you live in Vancouver is to go to Whistler



On a beautiful day, there is no lovelier place.

Sandy and I drove up Thursday morning around 10 o'clock



and then stopped for lunch at Nitka Lake Lodge

It was a little chilly so we sat inside!


but did walk around

and then did a tour around Whistler village before we checked in at Club Intrawest and had a quiet evening.  I did have a swim and a hot tub but it was quite chilly and started to rain!

The next morning I got up early and had a walk around the Upper Village.  I had to bundle up.


Whistler is cooler at this time of year than Vancouver and some plants that were no longer blooming in Vancouver were in Whistler such as the daffodil above.


Here's a look up Blackcomb Mountain

The weather was clearing up

still snow up on those mountains...


Skiers and snowboarders haven't given up!

Gorgeous gardens around the resorts up here!




Here's the First Nations  Cultural Centre which is very neat!




After I returned from my walk we got organized to check out and Sandy went to the new Audain Art Gallery.

I had promised another friend I would go with her when I am up again in a couple of weeks, so I decided to go for a walk around Lost Lake.


The sun had come out and it was quite lovely and much warmer than at 8:30


I just loved being up here!  It was so lovely I decided to take this video!


These are bunchberries.  And yes, you can eat the berries but I have never tried.


We had a beautiful drive back to Vancouver though I didn't take any pictures!


It was a very pleasant getaway!

and I look forward to my next trip there!

No comments:

Post a Comment