Monday, June 13, 2016

Back to Whistler for sunny days and Peak to Peak, June, 2016

Well I have been in Whistler in all sorts of weather

so I wasn't unhappy to hear that we were in a bit of a heat wave
Our first stop once we got to Whistler was the Sunday Farmers' Market in the Upper Village.  This is one of the venders' wares above.  Both my friend, Donna, and I love markets so we had an enjoyable time and then had a late lunch!

and checked into our apartment in Club Intrawest

You can see our views

and then it was a perfect time to hit the pool.

I love early morning especially when you get to see the sun rise.
So I went out for a walk
and got to admire all the flowers freshly watered
The gardens in the Upper Village are beautifully kept.

and as I have noted before the season is a bit behind Vancouver's so some flower types not blooming in Vancouer were still blooming in Whistler.
like Irises...
I always love walking across this bridge that leads to the Lower VIllage


but I didn't go to the Lower Village today just to Lost Lake Park

I liked the bike parked by the sign.
Doesn't that look like a road you just want to go down?
and the sun was coming through the trees!
More wild roses

and look at this gorgeous iris!







After my nice walk, I headed back to our unit and we had breakfast and headed to the new Audain Museum but I had taken so many pictures I ran down my battery of my phone and forgot to charge it!  So no pictures at the museum but we enjoyed our visit.  We loved the building and displays!  What a beautiful addition to Whistler!


Below is one of Emily Carr's paintings that you wil find there!

We had lunch back at Club Intrawest (or Embarc now but that is another story)
and then back down to the Lower Village so we could take the Gondola up Whistler Mountain to take the Peak to Peak Gondola over to Blackcomb Mountain and back.  Did I mention it was 29 degrees centigrade in the village???
I think I will just let you ride along now!



That's what the gondolas look like!
We were able to cool off as it was around 15 to 17 degrees centigrade at the top!

We returned to the village in late afternoon when it was about 31 degrees so we headed back for swim!
And then we had a fun dinner at the Nicholas North Golf Club on Green Lake.  (Whistler has several lakes).
Our Irish waiter had us laughing with his self-effacing charm and lack of real knowledge about food (it turned out he was really a lawyer seeing a bit of the world).
 Oh I didn't mention it was Donna's birthday the next day so we had a special dessert.
We had a great dinner and I would definitely return!
It was also a beautiful sunset!





Tuesday morning Donna discovered there wasn't any hot water when she had her shower
so I ended up having an early morning swim and shower at the family pool, which I had to myself.
Donna had an interview with the curator at the Audain Museum, who she wanted to have as a speaker for a group she is involved with
so I dropped her off and went for a walk at Lost Lake.
I really love it there
but although there were swimmers there
I remembered that the water was cold
when I went in in the summer let alone June!
but  the swimmers looked happy enough.
I bet it was refreshing!


We had an early lunch at Nitka Lodge as we kept celebrating Donna's birthday!
And my salad was delicious!
We were sadly homeward bound
and it was a perfect day for a drive on the Sea to Sky highway!
A really fun get away and we had a fun time celebrating Donna's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment