Monday, June 27, 2016

Ucluelet and the West Coast of Vancouver Island! Day One!, June, 2016

It had been a couple of years since I had been to Ucluelet
So it was really about time for a trip plus bonus, I get to see my old friend, Jennifer.  I went to high school with Jennifer and Art, her husband, so this is a long friendship-try 50 years, now that is scary!!!

So Val and I were off early in the morning and made the 8:30 ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo.


As you can see it was a perfect ferry riding day… 


We had a little stop at Cathedral Grove

All that oxygen!!!

Next stop was at the Halsall's outside Port Alberni


We had a nice lunch and a visit with the animals


It is always a fun place to visit and very pretty.  But long ago when I first moved to Vancouver, the Halsalls, lived in Ucluelet 


which was our destination.


We checked into the Water Edge Resort.  I have a membership at Club Intrawest which owns ten suites there.  Then we went off to dinner at Matterson House in town.




We also stopped for some groceries at the Coop but I didn't take pictures!

But above is the view from our porch at our unit-looking onto the marina

We took a little walk around the resort and here's the view of the harbour.






It just got prettier as the day turned into night!


And here is our moonlit view!


A bit more dramatic view than mine from home in Vancouver
Stay tuned for our next day on the West Coast of Vancouver Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment