Monday, October 12, 2015

Ottawa to Montreal and Gardens of Light , September 25, 2015






I headed out of Ottawa early Friday morning

and had interesting skies





I decided a couple of hours later when I reached the west side of Montreal it was time for a break!



I stopped in Pointe Claire Village and coffee in hand I checked out a favourite store, Panier





I ran into a rather cute cat as I walked around the village




I love the architecture here.



and I had to check out the macarons here but the one I tried was a little too sweet for me










I always enjoy being on the lakeshore






but those clouds looked a bit threatening!










Soon I was on my way again back to Linda's







That afternoon we were off to Montreal's Botanical Gardens to see Gardens of Light. I love the Montreal Botanical Gardens and it was lovely when we got there in the late afternoon.






It had turned into a lovely day






and you could see the beginnings of changing leaves































We went into the Japanese gardens




I loved this origami display in the pavillion.


















We got there early as this way my Montreal friends got in free before 5:00.  Montreal has these terrific Access cards for residents that give them all sorts of perks when visiting museums etc. in the city.


































It is so lovely in the Japanese Garden and there is so much space at Montreal's Botanical Gardens










Look who is here!

















I wonder what they do with the carp here in the winter?
























































The picture below reminds me a bit of Vancouver's Van Deusen Gardens but our trees are different




























I love how you can see the moon peaking behind the Olympic Stadium!











And now we are in the Chinese Garden and can begin to see the paper lanterns although it isn't dark yet! Here is a bit more information for you!



They are designed in Montreal, built in China by master craftsmen, and then shipped back!








The colder nights are hard on the roses






















































































It becomes so magical















































There were more lanterns in the Japanese Gardens but it was time for dinner for those aged seven to 88!





But what a magical experience




in one of my favourite places



in


Montreal!  And it is on until November 1!



No comments:

Post a Comment