Sunday, September 24, 2017

Vancouver to Palm Springs on New Year's Day, 2017





I have had difficulties losing pictures on this blog so had temporarily given up posting, but I think I have found a solution so I am catching up on a few of my trips this year!  In January I had a neat trip to Palm Desert.  It had been about thirty years since I had been in this area so it was fun to rediscover this area.  We had an unusually snowy winter in Vancouver so it was great to escape to California for a few days.  I hope you enjoy reading a bit about this trip!
 

Saturday was a normal day but since community centre was closed, I went to yoga and then met my normal fitness group for coffee and later went to see an excellent movie that I recommend to all, Lion!!! It was really snowing when I got out and my New Year's Eve was spent snow watching etc.


My biggest fear was whether I would have to wear boots as I had to walk a few blocks to the Canada Line station when I left home at 5:45 am  but was okay with my old running shoes.  I met Sandy at the airport with a bit of a missed connection after customs (I have a Nexus pass,,and she doesn't but she ended up on plane before me-long story).  Fortunately, the plane wasn't full and we were able to have a window and aisle seat all to ourselves with no one in the middle.


We arrived around 11:30 am and got our rental car and made it to the resort which is maybe 30 minutes from the airport in Palm Desert-we were early to check in so went off in pursuit of lunch to El Paseo, the main street in  Palm Desert


After exploring, finding a grocery store etc we got back to resort and checked in and this is the view from our balcony which also has a fireplace.  It felt warm in the sun about 17 degrees but rapidly seemed to cool off though it said it was 13 degrees

Our unit is lovely though not as evident in this picture with interesting touches like an outdoor shower but I passed on that...

The picture above is at the adjacent golf course
 

Bougainvillea

Sun setting very early probably 5


Nice Palm trees-we had a quiet evening-we were both tired and Sandy has a cold.  Resort is beautiful and the pools are heated but I wasn't tempted yet...so much to do in the vicinity I can see this short visit will not be enough but I definitely can see returning!!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment