Monday, September 25, 2017

Thousand Palms-Day 4 part 2-Palm Desert, January 4, 2017






We crossed San Andres Fault going to Joshua Tree National Park but Wednesday we saw more evidence of platonic movement as we visited Thousand Palms

First it was real Desert 🌵 and then

A literal oasis in the desert, Thousand Palms Oasis Preserve.


I liked teaching Earth Science in 7th grade


And exciting to see nature at work

Earlier we went from Desert to snow and now I felt as if I was in Jurassic Park



 It was very neat and when we got "home" and I put my feet up and then went for a swim and in hot tub 
I knew I would miss this view when I returned home
and those neat sunsets!!

We had a nice dinner at Vicki and Gavin's unit and enjoyed baby Lola and a starry walk "home"

No comments:

Post a Comment