Saturday, September 5, 2015

Ashland, Oregon October 18, 2015-shopping, eating, and of course, theatre attending...



We were up early
and enjoyed a very nice buffet breakfast

and set off to see more of Ashland in the daylight!


Getting to the theatre box office was an easy walk although uphill through town.

Interesting variation on a totem pole above.




I loved these costumed creatures I think get raffled off at the end of the season!

You can see what is playing at each theatre… Here is the link to find out more about the festival.



It is a very nice complex


Below you can see the entrance to the open air Elizabethan Theatre.
With our tickets now in our hands (we had plays in the afternoon and evening)



we were off to explore the shops!



And we had lots of fun doing that!  We particularly loved Paddington Station.




I really think taking pictures of things I like does save me money!!


I love nice displays!


Quilt shops are always fun to visit even though I haven't quilted anything in a long time!


I loved the little plate below but I resisted!





Lunch was delicious at the Greenleaf restaurant!



Manzanita is a gorgeous store with beautiful things.


















We did manage to get to our afternoon show, Guys and Dolls, which we thoroughly enjoyed.  We bought our tickets months ago.  There were rush tickets but we didn't want to take a chance.

 We had initially planned to go back to our hotel between performances, but that didn't happen.  We were also a bit worried that Anthony and Cleopatra might be cancelled due to air quality, it was quite smoky.  We ended up having an early dinner at the restaurant which is right by the theatres, Martino's and Macaroni's Restaurante and never going back to the hotel.  We wanted to catch the Green show (a free show in the Green before the evening theatre performances) because we weren't sure the play would go on.  I didn't think the air was as bad as it was at the beginning of the summer in Vancouver but it was definitely a bit hazy!


There was more shopping-Donna bought a Shakespearian watch for instance!

The Green show was interesting-African drumming but the dancers were local!


The show went on and here you can see the stage before the performance began.  It was so warm during the day we were definitely warm enough in the outdoor theatre, but I appreciated the cushion I rented!  It was really neat to see the show this way but I was getting a bit impatient for Cleopatra to die, I must admit.  They only use this theatre in the summer but the other two theatres are open for a much longer season!  We walked home having thoroughly enjoyed our day!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment