Thursday, June 25, 2015

Whistler June 23-24, 2015



Tuesday was a beautiful day, the perfect day for a drive to Whistler.



It really is one of the most beautiful drives in the world, the Sea to Sky highway.  We stopped just before Whistler at Nita Lake Lodge, one of my very favourite spots.  Just in case you want to go there, it is at the end (it's a short road) of Lake Placid Road, just before the train station.  And it is just the perfect place to have lunch!






Apparently there was going to be a wedding and the bride was having a few pictures taken before the main event...










And of course some gorgeous flowers on the grounds!







Then we were off to Club Intrawest in the Upper Village at Whistler and I could hardly wait to hit the pool, but the adult pool was still closed and since American schools got out earlier than our schools so there were children at the pool and taking advantage of the slide so it wasn't the quietest spot but we happily made do.  And the adult pool will have such nice improvements I am sure it will be worth the wait.










We had a great view from our unit.





More flowers...


































And here is our evening view from the balcony looking at the Four Seasons pool









I was so hoping that I would get to see the Northern Lights but sunset wasn't until after 10 but I didn't see any Northern Lights








It was a nice view to way up to!





















I watched the sun creeping over the mountains...








My friend was still asleep so I decided to go for an early morning walk- don't you like Whistler's road dividers!








More flowers of course










I took a look up Blackcomb










And then I walked towards the Lower Village









And then off towards Lost Lake Park

















It is always interesting to see what you find along the way.  I actually also saw a beautiful woodpecker but he flew away before I got a picture.  I didn't initially realize who was causing all that knocking!

























I walked back towards the Aboriginal Centre










a great place to visit








I walked back through the back of Club Intrawest and was pleased to see irises still blooming up here!
































What a lovely walk!










I decided to go for a swim and this time at 9 am I had the pool to myself!



















There are many lovely touches inside Club Intrawest...















I wasn't sure about the weather but I could see some blue sky so we decided to go Peak to Peak as neither of us had  done it for awhile.







First you have to take two lifts up the mountain to the top of Blackcomb









It's so beautiful








Now if you want to go skiing or snowboarding you have to take a bus to Seventh Heaven!









I love this view!















The next step was to take a gondola to the peak of Whistler Mountain.








Amazingly, we had a gondola to ourselves












Here we are on Whistler's Peak





where we had lunch (Christina's at Blackcomb was under construction) but since it was raining a bit by then we had to eat inside





And then we took the gondola back but we had lots of company this time










And then we were going back down the mountain













We did a little shopping in the Lower Village and then drove back to Vancouver after a nice getaway!







No comments:

Post a Comment