Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Miami, March 9-10, 2015









After two days at sea, we arrived in Miami.  In some ways we were sad to leave the ship and enter back into reality.  On the other hand, we were in Miami and staying overnight.  And although I loved this adventure, I was actually looking forward to going home as well.




We left the ship after having to go through customs at 6:45 pm and having our final breakfast, with relative ease, and found a taxi to take us to our hotel, the Hampton Inn and Suites Miami Brickell.  My last year's trip to Miami had us staying at the Blue Lagoon Hampton Inn by the airport and although it was great, it is a bit far from central Miami.  I picked this hotel due to its excellent ratings, relatively affordable price, and central location.  We were able to check right into our huge (compared to a ship cabin) room and took the nearby Metromover free of charge to Bayfront Park and got on the Big Bus Hop On Hop Off bus and went to Miami Beach.  Val hadn't been in Miami in years and I had enjoyed doing this last year.









I didn't take many pictures as I had so many from my last year's trip but the Art Deco architecture is wonderful but it was noisy as there is so much construction occurring!








After our tour (we didn't get off) we came back and had a lovely lunch














And then we took another circuit that goes through Coral Gables and Little Harvana.





Above is the famous Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables.





The mural below is in Little Havana.







I can't resist those palm leaves!




It was pleasant just riding around and Val enjoyed seeing Miami again.











Back for a cold drink before heading back to our hotel.






I had to check out the pool which was quite lovely and a little bigger than the one on the Journey!



and then we had dinner next door!  And there still is something about Florida nights!  Brickell is the business section of Miami, it's downtown and an area that was fun to explore.



Next morning a great breakfast (although of course we missed our service and silverware from the Journey) and then we set off on a walk around the neighbourhood.








Do you think the owner matches the dog and the decor?


This was a very stylish barber shop below...








And then we headed back to the hotel and then off to the airport!  We really enjoyed this transition in Miami before going home!



Val and I flew to Montreal together and then I had another flight to Vancouver arriving home about 14 hours after leaving the hotel!  At least I only had to see the snow as we landed in Montreal and I came home to daffodils blooming but it was quite a few degrees cooler than Miami!  But what a wonderful adventure we had!!!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment