Sunday, September 9, 2018

August 5, 2018 my last day in the Eastern Townships


Another morning where fruit and juice and coffee were brought to my room.  And another delicious breakfast before I left.  


I went to visit another cousin and his wife who lived in Minton another little hamlet just above North Hatley towards Sherbrooke.    My cousin, Ken's family have lived on their farm for several generations.  But they have sold their the farm to a biologist who is planning to have an organic farm here.  They are quite delighted to be moving into Granby where my cousin's wife grew up and has lots of family there and they will also be in town and closer to both their daughters.  

Again I have lots of childhood memories of visiting here.  
It was nice to see how positive they are about the whole moving experience despite my cousin having lived over eighty years on this pretty piece of land.  
It was also nice to meet their younger daughter who was also visiting.  
My next little excursion was to Compton where I haven't been in ages.  There is a museum there as Louis St Laurent, once prime minister of Canada, lived here and his family had a general store.  
I had another ice cream lunch.  Again maple walnut with a piece of maple fudge on top and it only cost $2.60.

I have been to the museum before and it was very interesting but I wanted to catch up with an old friend in Waterville.  There is something really nice to spend time with someone with whom you shared a childhood.  



I didn't have enough time to do everything I would have liked to do or seen everyone I would have liked to have seen but I wanted to get back to Montreal fairly early (I did have a dinner waiting for my arrival)

I always enjoyed getting to spend time in the Eastern Townships.  And it was actually really nice to be there in summer.  I know I will return again before too long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment