Friday, October 10, 2014

Spectacular Whistler in October, 2014




One of the nice things about Whistler is it is only about a beautiful two hour drive from Vancouver.  A few years ago I learned how beautiful it is there in October.



My friend, Sue, has just retired, and I suggested we go up overnight this week on Wednesday.  We had lunch at one of my favourite places, Nitka Lake Lodge.  With the help of blankets and a heater we happily dined outside.


We left our car at Club Intrawest in the Upper Village of Whistler and had a nice walk over to Lost Lake.




The leaves were spectacular.









Below you can see Club Intrawest hiding behind the leaves.


This was the view from our suite.  I think you can see a bit of Chateau Whistler as well as Club Intrawest.









I had a swim and below is one of the trees from the pool area.




It was a full moon that night!


It was a beautiful morning as well.


We went into the Lower Village and walked around and of course, I took a few pictures...
























It was a short but lovely get away...


No comments:

Post a Comment