Wednesday, June 11, 2014

West Coast of Vancouver Island Part 2











Tuesday morning I woke up and looked out on my own private deck!

















It was a bit misty but on the coast of BC we live in
hope that it will clear up!













After breakfast we set off for Long Beach, probably the most famous beach in the park.






 I loved how you could walk and walk and walk!












As you can see we weren't crowded here! The tide was out but it was coming in and when I tried to video I was chased by a wave-I had to purge that video due to somewhat bad language!














Powerful waves!!!














Simply wonderful!















Driftwood and vegetation...



















Just vast expanses…













Can you see the eagle on the tree branch at the right?
  I believer we are visiting the  Wickinannish Inn but you can see surfers in the left hand side if you look carefully!
 A lovely walkway...
 Look at those ferns!
 Looking out into the ocean I see a paddler...


Middle Beach Lodge-never stayed here but has such beautiful views and it looks very cozy...

 Before you get into Tofino you come to an interesting little "mall" and I wanted to check out a couple of places that had gotten rave reviews.  First we had tacos at Tacofino!!! Absolutely delicious!
 Some lovely flowers

















Close up on those clematis...
 Delicious chocolates and ice cream at Chocolate Tofino!



 Here we are in town now and at the end of the Trans Canada Highway, a highway that stretches from Newfoundland to here and has to cross the Atlantic and the Pacific.  I realized I have been end to end (well I have missed a bit in Northern Ontario as took a bit of a southern route for awhile although I took the train across as well).



Tofino was a bit torn up with construction…but we found our way around.


 We visited well known artist, Roy Vicker's gallery and other shops
Sorry about the glare on The Healer
 We visited Tofino Art Glass-what a pretty shop!!!
 I always love clematises!
Soon we were heading back towards Ucluelet.  We had a stop in the Rain Forest path...
s

 In the interest of times we didn't do the whole walk!
 We stopped again at Long Beach because it was now sunny!













 Back to our beautiful view at Water's Edge in Ucluelet
 We contemplated where to have dinner!
We ended up at Matterson House.  It has a very pretty garden.










Here is a Himalayan poppy!
We enjoyed our meal here in this historic former house!
 The next morning it was time to leave!  What a lovely get away!  We stopped in Port Alberni's Marine Park for a coffee.
 A really fun trip is to go down the inlet to Bamfield with Lady Rose Marine Services.  I finally did this a few years ago and really enjoyed the trip!
 Port Alberni really is a lovely town!
 We made a stop a bit farther along to Coombs where you can still find goats on the roof of the very neat country store there!












After lunch in Coombs we were on our way to the ferry terminal and heading back to Vancouver.  I hope you enjoyed your trip!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment